Support for International Students
Our Student Advisory Service has a dedicated and professional adviser to assist you in all aspects of studying and living in the UK. You can find more information about applying to Abertay as an international student on the how to apply page.
For more information on visas, please visit our guidance pages for new students or for current students, including information about the new post-brexit Graduate Visa route.
See below for further details on visa extension requests.
- Providing specialist immigration advice and assistance with Student Visa extensions, post-study work routes, dependent visas, visitor visas and entry clearance information.
- Financial advice and assistance such as scholarships & additional funding, including EU Student Awards Agency Scotland (SAAS) applications and American Federal Aid support.
- Welfare and pastoral care.
- General advice on student accommodation and housing issues.
- Advising on part-time employment including immigration rules, legislation and national insurance information.
- Providing an effective, friendly and informative International Student Welcome and Orientation Programme.
- Provide links to international hospitality schemes and community groups including the Dundee Rotary Club and Dundee Friends International.
The Advisory Service
Student Services, Level 3, The Bernard King Library, Bell Street, Dundee, DD1 1HG