International Students FAQs

International Students FAQs

How can I get an accommodation letter for visa purposes?

You don't need one. The course offer letter should be sufficient for visa application purposes. 

We have been assured by each of the British embassies that an accommodation confirmation letter is not needed for a visa application.

If they insist on an accommodation letter, ask them to confirm this to us by email to our International team including their contact details. We will do our best to help.

Do international students all live in the same apartments?

No, all nationalities are mixed in so you'll share with other students from everywhere. It's a great opportunity to meet people from around the world.

What are the dates of the International Welcome Events?

For dates and other information about the International Welcome, please contact the Support Enquiry Zone on +44 (0)1382 308833.

Can I get accommodation during the International Welcome Events?

Parker House and Lyon Street Terrace usually try to accommodate this if they have space available. Please contact them directly to ask about it.


Do I need to pack a duvet?

No. Save that space for essentials. You can buy a duvet, pillows and a mattress cover locally when you get here.

What kind of power sockets are there?

The UK has specific power sockets. If you bring your electrical items, you will need to buy an adaptor. These are easy to find and quite cheap to buy online.

What's the weather like in Dundee?

Everyone thinks it rains a lot in Scotland, but Dundee is officially Scotland's sunniest city. Like the rest of Scotland, it does get cold in the winter. The secret is to be prepared for all types of weather, and to pack accordingly.

Find out more about living in Dundee here.

I need more general information.

Visit the International section where you'll find lots of information.

There is also the the International Support section including the overseas student pre-arrival guide which has a section on accommodation for international students.

If this doesn't answer your questions, please contact us

Pause carousel

Play carousel