Personal Requirements FAQs

Personal Requirements FAQs

What facilities are available for disabled students?

Please contact our Advisory Team before you book. They will discuss your needs and help with the booking process to ensure you get the right room and facilities. 

Either email with 'Disability Accommodation Needs' as the email title, or phone +44 (0)1382 308049.

If I have a medical problem will I get priority?

There are a number of rooms reserved for students who need additional support such as a medical condition or disability. Please contact us before you apply to discuss your needs.

Either email with 'Accommodation needs' as the email title, or phone +44 (0)1382 308049.


Do you have any services/facilities for students with mental health problems?

Please contact Student Services on to talk about this.

I have asthma. Can I be sure of having non-smoking accommodation?

Yes, all the student residences are non-smoking.

Do I have to clear my room at Christmas/Easter?

No. All residents have both the Christmas and spring holidays included within their tenancy agreements.

Can I get University accommodation after my first year?

You need to apply directly to your preferred halls of residence who will tell you if they have space available. You'll find the website details on the rooms and halls page.

Can you view private accommodation for me?

Unfortunately, this is not one of the services that we are able to offer to students. Everyone has his or her own criteria for what makes a great flat, so it is much better if you check out the options for yourself.

We can't make any recommendations with regards to private landlords or rental companies.

Student Services have some information available and the Shelter Scotland website has good advice on finding private accommodation to rent.

Pause carousel

Play carousel