Student Information for Employers

Student Information for Employers

Personal References

Student & Academic Services do not hold information which would allow us to complete a request for a personal reference. Information requests on suitability for employment, timekeeping and personal attributes should be sent directly to a named referee.

Verification of Student Status or Award

Verification of student status or award

The Higher Education Degree Datacheck (HEDD) online verification service allows third party enquirers (such as employers, agencies and embassies) to verify attendance and awards from Abertay University.

A Hedd verification confirms the candidate’s name, qualification type, course name, year of award, classification obtained and dates of attendance. Please visit the HEDD website to register.

You will need the individual’s name, date of birth, programme, qualification, year of graduation and award. We recommend using the degree certificate as the basis of your enquiry. If you require dates of attendance, please request this at the time of making the enquiry.

There is a small charge for each enquiry and a valid consent form will need to be submitted at the time of making the enquiry.

Enquiries are checked and completed by the Student Administration team at Abertay University. The due date will be listed on your enquiry.

Please email if you need assistance.

Transcript of Study

Current Students

If a transcript of studies is required for a current student, the student can access their HEAR, which they can download and send to employers or allow employers web access to view it.

From July 2015, all Abertay taught students will be issued with an electronic Higher Education Achievement Report (HEAR), which will be a comprehensive record of not only an individual's academic grades but also a wide range of other achievements such as academic prizes, sports awards and extra-curricular work.

The HEAR gives prospective employers a great deal of additional detail about a prospective employee's activities at university, to complement their academic grades and degree classification.

Find out more on the HEAR page.


Former Students

All graduates (prior to July 2015) received a full academic transcript along with their award certificate. The former student should be able to provide these directly to an employer.

If additional transcripts are required, you can purchase them via the Make a Payment page

Course/Programme and Module Information

Student Administration normally retains course/programme and module information for 10 academic sessions. For example, in 2022/2023, we will normally have records from session 2012/2013.

Students can apply for Course/Module Information via the Make a Payment page. Please follow the instructions given.

Students who studied before 1994

Abertay University was awarded university status in 1994.

The Open University has custody of all CNAA records – the awarding body for the institution prior to the award of university status. Although we will endeavour to help with any requests from former students, complete information may not be available and we recommend that you liaise with the Open University directly.

For information and advice on how to replace a degree certificate, please visit the CNAA website.

How to Apply for Official Documents

You can apply for official documents using the Make a Payment page.

For information requests made via Hedd or the Make a Payment page, please allow 10 working days for a response.

Contact Details

Student Administration, Abertay University.



Pause carousel

Play carousel