Eligibility and your results

If you register and successfully gain your target award, you’ll be included on the graduation list.

Who should register to graduate?

  • Undergraduate students who have completed an honours degree.

  • Postgraduate students who have successfully completed an MSc.

  • Undergraduate students who have completed an unclassified degree.

  • Postgraduate students who have completed a postgraduate diploma.

  • Students in the process of completing a Doctor or Master of Philosophy or Masters by Research.

  • PgCert in Academic Practice

If you're awarded a Certificate, Diploma of Higher Education or a Postgraduate Certificate you won't be eligible to graduate.


You'll be emailed the graduation registration deadline

You'll be emailed the deadline for registration for graduation.

If you miss this date, you’ll be unable to graduate at the next ceremony and will have to wait till the following one. We can only consider late registrations in exceptional circumstances.

You register to attend graduation using OASIS.

About your degree results

If you've been successful in gaining your target award, you'll be included on the graduation list.

After Programme Assessment Board decisions are released, your Higher Education Achievement Report (HEAR) is refreshed. You'll find this in Gradintel.

If you're eligible to graduate, an electronic version of your degree certificate will also be uploaded to Gradintel. If you've registered to graduate in absentia, we aim to post out hard-copy degree certificates just after the ceremony (and by mid December).


Making an Academic Appeal

An academic appeal is a request for a student progression or award decision to be reviewed.

If you have already graduated you cannot make an academic appeal.

If you are considering making an appeal, please ask for advice from your School Academic Advisor or School Research Degree representative first of all. Because you can't appeal AFTER graduation, we strongly recommend that you get advice about whether to appeal before graduating.

You can find guidance on the academic appeals process and a copy of the academic appeals form here.

You can't appeal against a degree classification, grade point average, or the award (or not) of merit or distinction, except in cases where there is evidence of an error in recording grades or in the calculation of the GPA.


If you owe money to the University

If you want to graduate, please pay any money owing to the University as quickly as possible. This includes tuition fees, library fines or for outstanding books etc.

If you don't clear your debt, you may not be able to graduate and won't receive your certificate of award. Your name may be removed from the graduating list of students, and you won't get your certificate.

If you've registered to graduate but then incur a debt to the University, you should arrange to pay the full amount as soon as possible.


How to pay if you owe the University money

If you want to graduate, please pay any money owing to the University as quickly as possible.

If you owe the University money for any reason - such as tuition fees or library fines - you might not get to graduate and won’t receive your certificate of award. 

Any tuition debt will show on your statement in OASIS and you pay online through your OASIS account. 

Contact finance@abertay.ac.uk if you have a query on the outstanding balance.

For library fines or overdue books, contact sez@abertay.ac.uk to arrange payment.

Can I graduate ‘in absentia’ and then attend a later ceremony in person?

No, graduation in person or in absentia can only take place once.

It's not possible to accept an award in absentia and then make arrangements to attend a future ceremony.

Can I defer my graduation?

Yes, you can defer your graduation until the next Ceremony. But you can’t claim the award until you formally graduate.

Pause carousel

Play carousel