Information for University Staff
The Career Development Centre aims to help students make informed career choices throughout their time at university and offers ongoing support to recent graduates. We actively encourage students to use the service and ask for your assistance by referring students for help and advice. If you would like to arrange for an adviser to talk to your students about any career related topic please contact the Careers Adviser assigned to your Academic School. Students and graduates visit the service for many reasons; such as:
- Help with CVs, applications and interviews
- Career options/choices
- Changing or leaving course
- The Principal's Award (employability programme)
- Postgraduate study options
- Internships, work placements and summer work experience
- Saltire Scholars Undergraduate Internship Programme
- Graduate job opportunities
- Abertay Mentoring Scheme
- Volunteer Showcase
- Work Experience Talks
Destinations of Leavers from Higher Education (DLHE) Annual Survey
Abertay Connect is a new online system that enables you to manage all of your career planning activity from one single dashboard. By using the system, you will be able to:
· Browse the latest job and internship opportunities.
· Book one-to-one appointments with a careers adviser.
· Book a place at a careers event e.g. CV workshops, employer presentations etc.
· Request notifications and communications related to your stated career preferences from the Career Development Centre.
How to access Abertay Connect
All current students, including both undergraduate and postgraduate students, can access Abertay Connect using their UAD username and password. Students can start using the system by visiting https://abertayconnect.abertay.ac.uk/student/home.html. If you are a graduate of Abertay, you will be eligible for a graduate account, visit https://abertayconnect.abertay.ac.uk/graduate/login.html to register and gain access.
Who to Contact
Mairi Hole (Senior Careers Adviser) T: 01382 308914 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Divisions of Accouting & Finance; Food & Drink; Law
Martin Hughes (Careers Adviser) T:01382 308041 E: email@example.com
Divisions of Natural & Built Environment; Psychology
Stephen Smith (Careers Adviser) T: 01382 308114 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Divisions of Business & Management; Science; Sport & Exercise
Kelly Dawson (Careers Adviser) T: 01382 308102 E: email@example.com
Divisions of Computing & Mathematics; Games & Arts; Security
Jacqueline Gray: (Careers Adviser) T: 01382 308055 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Divisions of Counselling; Nursing; Sociology
The Principal's Award
If you would like to find out more about the University's employability programme, please contact: