Why study an Ethical Hacking Degree?
Demand for qualified ethical hackers and cyber security specialists is rising year on year. Study our Ethical Hacking degree and discover the fascinating field of cybersecurity.
How do hackers get into corporate security systems? How do they ‘steal’ computer data? Can you build the right defenses and stop hackers in their tracks? Find out how on our Ethical Hacking degree course.
We are right at the forefront of cybersecurity, producing highly skilled, in-demand graduates. You’ll develop a practical and offensive approach, by deliberately breaking computer systems and building cybersecurity defences.
- Understand the processes behind hacking and cyber attacks.
- Work out how illegal hacks can be stopped.
- Create real-life countermeasures and fixes.
- Shut down security hacks quickly and professionally.
- Document it and do it again!
The course combines computer networking, digital forensics and expert development as well as programming. You will learn how to protect data and information systems. Our Ethical Hacking degree gives you a deep understanding of cybercrime so you have the skills to stop hackers - fast.
Ethical Hacking BSc (Hons) - the benefits are clear:
- One of the leading cybersecurity courses in the UK.
- The first Ethical Hacking degree in the world.
- Accredited by the BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT.
- Great industry links and recruitment opportunities.
- High employment rate on graduation.
- Excellent starting salaries.
This course scored an impressive 94% Overall Student Satisfaction rating in the 2020 National Student Survey. Abertay University ranked in the 2020 top three Scottish Universities for Student Satisfaction. And in the Guardian Good University Guide for 2021, Abertay ranked 3rd in the UK for student satisfaction with teaching, and 8th in the UK for overall student satisfaction.