Our new strategic plan, approved in December 2014 following consultation with staff and students, sets out our ambitions and priorities for the next 5 years. It describes what sort of university we are, and will guide us as we develop as an institution.
Download our strategic plan as a PDF: Strategic Plan 2015-2020.
- To offer transformational opportunities to everyone who has the ability to benefit from Abertay’s approach to university education.
- To inspire and enable our students, staff and graduates to achieve their full potential.
- To use our knowledge and expertise to have a positive impact on the world around us.
We will do this by
- Choosing our own path, being different if it means we can serve our students, staff, partners, and wider community better.
- Developing new ways to open up study at Abertay by providing a range of routes to an Abertay degree.
- Providing a broad, flexible, responsive and relevant curriculum to prepare students with the knowledge and skills to be successful in the world beyond Abertay.
- Working in partnership with our students, encouraging greater involvement in shaping our policies and practice
- Aligning our teaching, research, innovation and knowledge exchange activity to local and national priorities.
- Encouraging our staff to use their knowledge and expertise to solve real-world problems.
- Investing in high quality infrastructure to provide an environment which will support and inspire our students and staff.
- Developing and sustaining an inclusive and supportive culture, welcoming and retaining students and staff from a diverse range of backgrounds.
- Giving our students a more international experience by increasing the number of international students at Abertay and providing more opportunities for exchanges.
- Being rooted in our community and maintaining close links with key partners in Dundee and beyond.
In everything we do, we will strive to:
- Ensure excellence
- Be innovative
- Be professional
- Be fair, inclusive and transparent
- Provide the best possible student experience
- Demonstrate the highest standards of leadership and governance
- Provide appropriate and high quality facilities
Our ambitions are aligned with five overarching themes:
- Choosing our own path
- Recognising and developing potential
- Expanding horizons
- Working in partnership
- Making our knowledge accessible
For further information please contact Caroline Summers, Director of Strategic Planning, or email firstname.lastname@example.org