The programme covers a range of subjects. Topics include:
- Understanding, planning and researching assignments
- Developing research methods
- Referencing, avoiding plagiarism and writing in an academic style
- Creating an academic poster
- Giving an academic presentation
- Becoming an independent learner and a critical thinker
You’ll have plenty of opportunities to practise these skills, get feedback from our tutors, and to ask questions. At the end of the programme, you’ll know what your lecturers will expect of you and how to meet those expectations.
Is the programme assessed?
There are no tests, but completing the tasks set as part of the programme means that it will be included on your Higher Education Achievement Record, which details all your non-academic activities at university and allows future employers to gain a much fuller picture of your achievements as a student. Find out more here.