The Macphie Scholarship will be awarded to one 3rd year student on the BSc (Hons) Food and Consumer Science degree.
The £3,000 scholarship (paid in four instalments) is aimed at a well-rounded individual who is considered academically bright, driven, ambitious, a team player, and interested to work in the food and drink manufacturing industry. Students with financial constraints would benefit from the scholarship.
To be considered for this scholarship students must meet all of the following criteria:
- Commencing 3rd year of the BSc (Hons) Food and Consumer Science degree in September 2022
- Able to demonstrate an ambition to work in the Food Manufacturing Sector
- Willing to take part in a summer placement at Macphie in 2023. Date of the placement will be discussed at the interview but it is likely to begin in June 2023 and will take place at Glenbervie
- Willing to meet with a representative from Macphie and/or write a letter of thanks for the scholarship if successful
- Willing to take part in publicity materials for the scholarship if successful.
How to Apply
Applications Open: Monday 24th October 2022
Closing Date: Friday 2nd December 2022
For more information, please download the MacPhie Scholarship Guidance Notes [PDF, 177Kb].
Apply via Abertay Connect by searching for 'Scholarship Opportunities'.
Evidence to be attached:
- An Academic Referee (the name of an Academic who will provide a reference for you i.e. a Lecturer or Tutor).
- An Employer Reference (if you are in current employment please provide a reference from your current employer, if you have never been employed please provide a Character Reference from an appropriate professional person).
- Student Funding Letter of Award (SAAS / Student Finance award letter/Other sponsors if applicable)
Terms & Conditions
All Scholarships are subject to Terms & Conditions