Congratulations to Abertay Student Beth Milne who has been selected for the GB Women’s Ice Hockey Team, competing at the World University Winter Games in Almaty, Kazakhstan from the 29 January–08 February 2017. Also big congratulations to Jaimie Cooper who has been selected for the Scottish Student Netball squad. Home fixtures have been scheduled for mid-April next year.
I am also proud to say two students from Abertay have been selected to receive additional funding from Winning Students, a network setup to provide international level students with support while at University.
• Aiden McQuade, Scottish Hockey (U21)
• Katie Robertson, Scottish Hockey Senior Squad
Abertay Sport is also proud to announce the full line-up for this year’s Elite Athlete Development Programme and second tier Sport Development Programme. This year we will provide support to no fewer than fourteen students who are competing at an elite level; the highest number to date.
Successful Elite Athlete applications:
• Katie Robertson, Scotland Hockey
• Steven McIlravey, Scotland Hockey
• Aiden McQuade, Scotland Hockey (u21)
• Christopher Low, Golf
• Connor Neil, Golf
• Beth Milne, Scotland and GB Ice Hockey
• Shaun Parkin, Kickboxing ISKA Scotland
• Rebecca Norval, Equestrian Vaulting (ranked No1 in UK)
• Emilia Kristiansson, Sweden Rugby Sevens Captain
• Amy Gallacher, Scotland Football (U19)
2nd Tier Development Programme:
• Katie Reid, Golf
• Blair Carnegie, Cricket
• Erin Moore, Netball
• Kathryn Taylor, Basketball