What will I study?
The programme covers a whole range of subjects, from how to write coursework, and use the library, to managing your money and who to ask for help.
• Understanding, planning and researching assignments
• Referencing, avoiding plagiarism and writing in an academic style
• Creating an academic poster
• Giving an academic presentation
• Becoming an independent learner and a critical thinker
You will have plenty of opportunities to practise these skills, get feedback from our tutors, and to ask questions. At the end of the programme, you will know exactly what your lecturers will expect of you, and how to meet those expectations.
Is the programme assessed?
There are no tests, but completing the tasks set as part of the programme means that it will be included on your Higher Education Achievement Record, which details all your non-academic activities at university, and allows future employers to gain a much fuller picture of your achievements as a student.