Public Engagement with Research
Getting involved in Public Engagement with Research
In this section you will find opportunities to participate in public engagement exhibitions and activities, as well as calls for applications and proposals for engaged research.
You will also find information about public engagement events, festivals and exhibitions that are happening locally and nationally in your research area.
If there's an event or call that you think should be added to this page, please contact the Outreach & Public Engagment Office.
Fife Science Festival 2017
Wednesday 17th May – Saturday 10th June
Managed and delivered by Dundee Science Centre, last year’s Fife Science Festival reached 3683 people, 97% of which where local to Fife. The focus will continue to be on providing free, accessible and engaging science-based events in order to reduce barriers to participation for local audiences.
The festival will be held in two areas and are looking for organisations to be a part of the specified events:
Cowdenbeath (25th May – 28th May)
- A primary schools event – short taster workshops (Thursday 25th May)
- A secondary schools event – emphasis on careers inspiration (Friday 26th May)
- A drop-in family event with activities showing careers that use science (Saturday 27th May)
- A drop-in family event with activities – any theme welcome (Sunday 28th May)
Glenrothes (1st June – 4th June)
- A primary schools event – short taster workshops (Thursday 1st June)
- A secondary schools event – emphasis on careers inspiration (Friday 2nd June)
- A drop-in family event with activities showing careers that use science (Saturday 3rd June)
- A drop-in family event with activities – any theme welcome (Sunday 4th June)
Dundee Science Centre will also host a ‘Meet the Expert’ event in the centre themed around ‘People Who Help Us’ (such as Police Officers and Health Professionals) as the final festival event.
If you are interested in taking part in the festival please get in touch with Paul Strachan via the details below who will be happy to provide you with more information about each event and the deeper aims of the festival.
Name of individual/organisation
Name of proposed activity
Description of activity
Duration of activity
Best suited audience
Format – e.g. drop in, schools workshop
Preference of date/location
Paul Strachan, Festivals and Community Engagement Officer, Dundee Science Centre, email@example.com