8.15 Teaching quality
This category contains information regarding the management of teaching quality in the institution including mechanisms for reviewing and ensuring the quality of teaching provided.
Access to online information is free. For other costs please see the page containing the University's charging policy.
- Programme approval
- Student satisfaction
- Institutional internal reviews
- Professional accreditation of course by external bodies
- Assessment of the institution's provision by the QAA
1. Programme approval
Programme approval and monitoring arrangements.
Programme Approval and Review Reports: requests should be directed to the Secretariat by making an information request to:
Freedom of Information, Academic Registry, Abertay University, Bell Street, Dundee, Scotland DD1 1HG
Telephone 01382 308000
Assessment procedures and summaries of reviews of their effectiveness.
For information, please make an information request to the contact details above.
3. Student satisfaction
Summary results of any institutional mechanisms for measuring student satisfaction with their HE experience.
Otherwise, please make an information request to the contact details above.
4. Institutional internal reviews
Summary of the findings of the institution's own internal reviews of quality and standards.
Subject Review Reports and other information: please make an information request to the contact details above.
5. Professional accreditation of course by external bodies
The nature of and duration of accreditation by professional, statutory or regulatory bodies, including accreditation and monitoring reports.
Professional, Statutory and Regulatory Bodies (PSRBs) recognition or accreditation: Purpose and Principles
Abertay University notes that the recognition or accreditation of its programmes by relevant professional bodies helps to re-assure students and prospective employers on the currency of the curriculum and the quality and standards of its awards. The University encourages all of its programme teams to engage with the requirements of relevant professional bodies and seek recognition or accreditation when appropriate to do so.
To provide assurance that the curriculum requirements of relevant professional bodies have been considered during programme approval, annual monitoring and Institution-Led Review processes.
1. Relevant PSRB curricula requirements will be considered during programme approval, annual monitoring and Institution-Led Review processes.
2. Programme and module content will be informed by the requirements of relevant PSRBs.
3. Any documentation submitted to a PSBR for recognition, accreditation or re-accreditation, will first be considered by the relevant school academic committee and notified to the central teaching and learning committee.
4. Any PSRB reports, and related responses, on programmes or modules will be considered by the relevant school academic committee and notified to the central teaching and learning committee.
A description of courses where the institution acts as an external examination body or validates the examinations and qualifications of others, including 'joint awards'.
Please make a request for information to the contact details above.
7. Assessment of the institution's provision by the QAA
Enhancement Led Institutional Review: report on the University's academic provision by the Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education ('QAA') is available at the QAA's website.
Please visit for further information:
For QAA reports on individual Universities, please click here.