Abertay Goes Global 2014!6 October 2014
For all the latest information about this event, please visit the Abertay Goes Global webpages or the UADSA Facebook page.
Are you interested in studying or working abroad? Then come along to Abertay Goes Global - a week of activities to promote study and work opportunities in Europe, the U.S. and beyond!
If you are looking for adventure, a new experience, or a break from your regular routine, then this is the place to start.
Hosted by UADSA and the university's new International Office, there will be events running every day from October 13-17.
The whole week will have an international theme, with the chance to sample food and drink from our partner countries, a study abroad-themed pub quiz, a film night, some karaoke and, of course, the chance to meet with Abertay students who have studied and worked abroad, as well as students from overseas who are currently studying here at Abertay.
To find out more, have a look below to see what will be going on this year and watch the video above to find out what happened at last year's great event.
No booking is required - you can just drop in. All are welcome!
Monday, 13 October
- 19.00-22.00: Study abroad-themed pub quiz in Bar One – excellent prize on offer for best team!
Tuesday, 14 October
- 13.00-15.00: Information session - meet with International Office staff and Abertay students who have been abroad, and ask about available opportunities. Events Area behind Main Reception.
Wednesday, 15 October
- 15.00-17.00: Information session as above, but with special guest Shanin Dougherty from Penn College of Technology who will talk about new opportunities for business students to study at Penn College of Technology in the U.S.
- 18.00-21.00: Film Night - showing EuroTrip and The Grand Budapest Hotel - in the HMC hosted by Abertay Goes Global in cooperation with the Abertay Film Society
Thursday, 16 October
- 18.00-19.30: Information session with presentations by the Abertay International Office, NUS and Abertay students - including Q&A. Events Area, behind the Kydd Building Main Reception
- 19.30-22.00: Mingling! Chat to Abertay students and tutors who have studied and worked abroad while sampling food and drink from our partner countries! Bar One.
Friday, 17 October
- Karaoke night in Bar One - come along for a fun and slightly embarrassing way to end the week!
Abertay Goes Global Fair, 13-17 October
There will be a week-long exhibition in the events area behind Main Reception with information available on existing opportunities and partner universities – this will be running all week and you can just drop by and look at what’s on offer.
Abertay Goes Global Volunteers
Look out for our Abertay Goes Global volunteers throughout the week – they'll all wear Abertay Goes Global T-shirts. Feel free to approach them and ask questions, they're passionate about going global and will be glad to help!
We’ve asked Abertay students who went to study or work abroad in 2013/14 to submit photos from their time away. They will be exhibited on Facebook from 8 October onwards. Please ‘like’ the best photos until 15 October at 5pm – we're offering cash prizes for the three winning photos!Back to Pick of the Week