How Clearing Works
Clearing is a way for universities to fill any spaces they have left for the new academic year and an ideal way for you to find a place on one of Abertay's undergraduate courses starting this September.
When can you use Clearing?
You can apply through clearing now, but only if you've received your exam results. Applications are welcome now until August 28th or until there are no places available.
How do you apply through Clearing?
Applying through Clearing is quick and easy - but the process varies slightly depending on whether you're registered with UCAS or not.
You’ve applied through UCAS
- You've not received any offers.
- You've declined all offers or not responded by the due date.
- You've not met the conditions and your offers haven't been confirmed (if you've not achieved the required grades, for instance).
- You've declined a changed course, a changed date of entry and/or changed point of entry offer.
- You applied for one course which has been declined or unsuccessful and you've paid the full £23 fee.
- UCAS receive your application after June 30th, 2017. If they receive your application after this date, they will not send it to any universities and colleges.
You’ve not applied through UCAS
If you’ve not gone through UCAS at all you can apply directly with us. You can only do this if you already have your exam results. Call our Clearing team on +44 (0)1382 308080 who can advise on whether your application is likely to be successful.
What courses do you have available through Clearing?
If you've registered with UCAS, you can view a list of our courses available through Clearing on the UCAS website.
If you haven’t registered through UCAS our courses are also available to view here
Already holding an offer from another university?
If you're holding an offer from another university, you can still apply through Clearing. Call us on +44 (0)1382 308080 and we can advise how to proceed.