The Admissions section in Registry is responsible for the oversight of all UK and EU applications to undergraduate and postgraduate programmes. The team works closely with colleagues in Schools and the Student Recruitment Office to advise them of UCAS and Abertay admissions procedures. We maintain and audit the admissions section of the University’s Student Records’ System.
Some of our main duties include:
- acting as a central source for receiving and updating UCAS application data
- assessing application forms for disabilities and criminal convictions prior to distribution to School Offices
- process home and EU direct undergraduate and postgraduate applications
- assessing fee status of new students
- processing applicants’ entry qualifications and assisting Schools with verification of such qualifications
- provide Schools and senior University management with admissions data
- process and send orientation packs to new students.
Accreditation of Prior Learning (APL) and Accreditation of Prior Experiential Learning (APEL)
How we consider applications and the possible outcomes
Recognition of Prior Learning
Recognition of prior ‘certificated’ learning and prior ‘experiential’ learning.
Forms for News Students
Before you arrive there may be some forms that you need prior access to - find them here.