RAE results 2008
Scotland's top modern university for environmental sciences, law, and psychology
The findings of the Research Assessment Exercise 2008 reveal
that Abertay is the best modern university in Scotland for research in
environmental sciences, law and psychology.
The RAE results show that Abertay has significantly improved its overall performance since the last RAE in 2001.
- 35% of Abertay academic staff were judged to be producing research of international quality
- 10% of staff in Earth Systems and Environmental Sciences are working at world-leading standards
- 75% of staff are producing international quality research
- 80% of Law staff are working at international level
- 65% of General Engineering staff are working at international level
|Business and Management Studies
|General Engineering and Mineral and Mining Engineering
|Earth Systems and Environmental Sciences
|Allied Health Professions and Studies
Quality scale explanation
Quality that is world-leading in terms of originality, significance and rigour.
3* Quality that is internationally
excellent in terms of originality, significance and rigour but which
nonetheless falls short of the highest standards of excellence
2* Quality that is recognised internationally in terms of originality, significance and rigour
1* Quality that is recognised nationally in terms of originality, significance and rigour
U/C Quality that falls below the
standard of nationally recognised work. Or work which does not meet the
published definition of research for the purposes of the assessment.
For more information see RAE 2008.