Digital Spark, a conference about making money and building computer games and digital media businesses, will be held at the University of Abertay Dundee on 5th-6th September 2012.
The conference brings together industry and legal expert to share their insights – and to help companies profit from their ideas.
- Hogarth Andall, Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Director of IP and Technology
- Sandy Duncan, Yo-Yo Games Chief Executive and former Xbox Europe Vice President
- Ian Baverstock, Tenshi Ventures Founding Partner
- Andy Payne, UKIE Chairman
- Adrian Hon, Six to Start Co-Founder
- Colin Anderson, Denki Managing Director
- Geoff Heath OBE, We R Interactive advisor and industry legend
- Games taxation: how to make the most of it
- Crowdfunding: the risks and advantages
- Patent trolls and protecting your business
- Open source software and open innovation
Digital Spark 2012 will be opened by Fiona Hyslop, Scottish Government Cabinet Secretary for Culture and External Affairs.
Dr Margaret Hartnett, conference organiser and Abertay University Head of Research, Enterprise and Innovation Services, said:
“Digital Spark 2012 will be a fantastic opportunity for the games and digital media industries to meet up, learn about boosting their profits and protecting their ideas, and maybe even do some business while they’re here.
“This is the third time we’ve run Digital Spark and each event has been incredibly exciting. This year is bigger and broader, with more investors and successful digital media entrepreneurs sharing their business insights.
“Bringing so many successful, innovative people together at Abertay University, in the heart of Dundee’s computer games cluster, promises a very productive two days.”
You can secure your place now at the Digital Spark website. An early bird rate of £169 is available until 2nd August.
The conference also features a party and private viewing of rare Leonardo da Vinci drawings from the Royal Collection at Dundee’s McManus Galleries.
As well as the Digital Spark website, you can join the LinkedIn group, share the Facebook event and tweet @abertayuni using the hashtag #digispark
For media enquiries, please contact Chris Wilson (Communications Officer) – T: 01382 308522 M: 07837 250284 E: firstname.lastname@example.org